The domain name to be registrered with .my Domain Registry must be a third and second level domain name such as:-
Each label must contain at least 1 character, but not longer than 40 alpha-numeric characters, such as the labels "a" and "1" of the following domain names are accepted:
Be made up of the 26 letters [a-z] of the Roman alphabet, the 10 digits [0-9] andthe character "-" (hyphen or dash) such as the labels "companyname", "organisationname123" and "organisationname-123". Other characters are prohibited.�Examble following domain names are accepted:
- Registrants agree and accept that .my Domain Registry does not in any way encourage or condone registration and use domain names for cybersquatting, hoarding, speculative purposes, or any other abusive purpose ("abusive registration activities"). Registrants are not to encourage nor participate in abusive registration activities either for his/her own purpose or for any third party.
- .my Domain Registry also reserves the right to suspend or terminate the .name.my personal domain name at any time with prior notice to the Registrant in the event .my Domain Registry receives any official direction from any Malaysian regulatory or Government body.
- .my Domain Registry is the sole arbiter of domain names choice violations. However, as far as third party rights are concerned, it is not .my Domain Registry�s duty nor responsibility to screen requested domain names to determine whether the use of a domain name by a Registrant may infringe upon the right(s) of a third party.
- By applying for the domain name, the applicant certifies that certifies that, to his or her knowledge, the use of this name does not violate Malaysian trademarks, intellectual property, or other laws, and that the domain name is not being registered for any activities not permitted under any law of Malaysia.
- Any disputes between parties over the rights to use a particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using normal legal methods. .my Domain Registry does not act as arbiter of disputes.
- For trademark related domain name disputes, these are governed by .my Domain Registry's Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (MYDRP). Please click here for the FAQ on MYDRP.